Is FTZ Right For Me?
The U.S. Foreign-Trade Zones program was established by the Foreign-Trade Zone Act of 1934. The primary purpose of the FTZ program is to facilitate international trade and promote economic development in the United States and reducing the chances of offshoring.
Determining whether the U.S. Foreign-Trade Zones program is right for your company involves assessing your specific business needs, international trade activities, and supply chain dynamics.
Below you will find various key factors to consider:
BENEFITS TO THE U.S. FOREIGN-TRADE ZONES PROGRAM
- Enhanced global competitiveness for US operations
- Local communities gain a valuable tool to attract both US and foreign investments
- Improve fairness for US companies in FTZs, particularly when trade policies inadvertently favor companies located outside the US
- Opportunities for duty savings, reductions, and/or deferrals
- Promoting US activity and helping to balance trade
- Potential for savings on fees and taxes
- and much more
NAFTZ SERVICE PROVIDER MEMBERS
Are you looking for help to learn more about how you can benefit from the FTZ program or to get started operating your business in an FTZ? Check out this list of FTZ service providers that can assist with your FTZ or related questions:"
CONSIDER BECOMING A MEMBER
Another great place to start in your FTZ journey is by attending the Fundamentals of FTZs seminar. The NAFTZ Fundamentals of FTZs course is the best opportunity to learn from FTZ industry experts and network at the same time! Here you will learn about:
- Foreign-Trade Zone Benefits
- FTZ Application and Activation Process
- Inventory Control and Recordkeeping in an FTZ
- Procedures and Filings for Admitting and Withdrawing Merchandise
- Periodic Reporting and other Special Circumstances in FTZs
Once you've been approved by the Foreign-Trade Zone Board to participate in the program, consider a membership with NAFTZ!
NAFTZ serves as a valuable resource for staying informed on regulatory updates. As a member, you gain access to a supportive community of professionals. Additionally, NAFTZ offers educational resources, training programs, and exclusive events that can significantly contribute to your understanding of the FTZ program. Joining NAFTZ provides you with a comprehensive support system, helping you navigate the complexities of the FTZ landscape and ensuring that you are well-equipped to make informed decisions throughout your journey with the U.S. FTZ program.
Click to review our different membership types and to learn more about the benefits of becoming a member