Certified Zone Specialist (CZS)
WHAT IS THE CERTIFIED ZONE SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION?
The Certified Zone Specialist (CZS) Certification Program is designed to educate trade professionals in the growing and evolving U.S. Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) industry. Whether you have a broker’s license or not, have just a year or two of related experience, or are getting started in an FTZ role, this course will provide you with a solid foundation for you to increase your industry knowledge.
The CZS course will review fundamental points relevant to applying for a new FTZ designation, getting your FTZ activated by CBP, and operating and administering an FTZ. The CZS is a knowledge certification that shows you understand the basics of FTZ operations, and is a stepping stone towards the National Association of Foreign-Trade Zone (NAFTZ) Accredited Zone Specialist (AZS) experience-based designation (https://www.naftz.org/azs-designation/).
The CZS Course is a self-paced, online training that consists of 5 modules (each ending with a summary quiz), checkpoint quizzes, and a cumulative, proctored final exam.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF EARNING THE CZS?
- Learn about the U.S. Foreign-Trade Zone Program
- Receive recognition for specialized knowledge in this important U.S. duty deferral program
KEY TOPICS COVERED
- History of the U.S. Foreign Trade Zone Program
- The Authority and History of FTZs
- Foreign-Trade Zone Benefits
- FTZ Application and Activation Process
- Inventory Control and Recordkeeping in an FTZ
- Procedures and Filings for Admitting and Withdrawing Merchandise
- Periodic Reporting and other Special Circumstances in FTZs
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Individuals working in the import industry, interested in learning about FTZ operations and administration.
ARE YOU AN AZS INTERESTED IN GRANDFATHERING INTO THE CZS PROGRAM?
Those with the Accredited Zone Specialist (AZS) accreditation may grandfather into the CZS program by requesting their current AZS status be verified and remitting a fee. Those interested contact Melissa Irmen, email@example.com