Board of Directors Nomination Application 2023-2024
The National Association of Foreign-Trade Zones announces that applications for consideration by the 2023 Nominating Commitee are being accepted through Monday, June 5th.
All interested members are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted through the on-line application form only. However, given that the application asks for a number of open-ended responses, applicants are encouraged to prepare for the on-line application by writing down their responses before completing the on-line application form. To that end, we have provided a Microsoft Word version of the application for download below as well as the link for the on-line application (Applications must be submitted via the on-line application).
Please note: it is recommended that all applicants complete the MS Word version of the application first and cutting and pasting replies into the on-line application as the on-line system does not have the capability to save and return to continue the on-line form later.
If you have any questions about the application or nominating committee process, please contact NAFTZ President Jeff Tafel at email@example.com or Nominating Committee Chair Melissa Irmen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2023 NAFTZ Board / Officer application MS Word format - download here. (For reference only - application period now closed)
- 2023 NAFTZ Board / Officer on-line applications are now CLOSED.
The members of the 2023 Nominating Committee are:
- Melissa Irmen – Chair (service provider, ISCM Inc.)
- Frankie Bryson (operator, Nissan North America, Inc.)
- Jim Ervin (operator, TTI, Inc.)
- Angie Atwood (grantee, Columbus Regional Airport Authority)
- Laura Swankler (grantee, The Port of Virginia)
The 2023 Nominating Committee process timeline:
- Appointment of Nominating Committee – 90 days prior to annual meeting (i.e., no later than June 13)
- Initial slate of candidates presented to Board for review – 60 days prior to annual meeting (i.e., no later than July 14; plan is to email slate to Board by July 14 to be covered at the July 19 meeting)
- Final slate of candidates notification to membership – 30 days prior to annual meeting (i.e., no later than August 14)
- Vote on slate of candidates at 2022 annual meeting (September 13)
Official notice to the NAFTZ membership: