International Trade Attorney
Miller & Company P.C. | Kansas City, Missouri
We are an established international trade law firm with a challenging opportunity for an Attorney in import, export and international trade and compliance. Candidate must have detailed Customs, import, export, and trade expertise and must have a strong working knowledge and experience with Customs and PGA regulations and related trade policies. Foreign-Trade Zone knowledge and experience is preferred but not necessary. Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) are required. Successful candidate will work directly with multiple attorneys, compliance directors and legal assistants, and have direct client contact. The candidate must be a self-starter with an inquisitive mind and have the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment with the ability to work independently on multiple projects. Salary will commensurate with experience and skills. The firm offers profit sharing and an exceptional benefit package.
- Minimum of five to ten years direct import/export technical experience;
- Foreign-Trade Zone knowledge and experience preferred;
- Ability to handle multiple and occasional conflicting priorities;
- Keen attention to detail with an inquiring mind;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Ability to independently present and discuss work product;
- Ability to independently prepare formal written documents and correspondence and technical explanation memoranda;
- Knowledge of international trade/economics;
- Ability to travel extensively for client meetings and work;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) to explain technical subject matters;
- Professional demeanor to deal directly with clients and government officials; and
- Strong public speaking and communication skills in order to present subjects at both firm and client subject-matter seminars and training programs.
Our office in Kansas City, Missouri offers exceptional housing opportunities within walking distance of our office.
A detailed resume and multiple writing samples are required.
Interested candidates that meet the specified qualifications should contact Kelley Randol at email@example.com or call 816-561-4999.Apply by N/A