Foreign-Trade Zone Specialist
Valero | San Antonio, TX
The Foreign Trade Zone Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned Foreign Trade Zone (FTZs), including analyzing trends and data to optimize duty savings, coordinating with the commercial floor to gather import information and operating the Inventory Control and Recordkeeping System (“ICRS” or “FTZ Software”)
- Tracks all daily FTZ activity, including receipts into and shipments out of assigned FTZ(s) and analyze weekly reports for accuracy relating to receipts, shipments, consumption, and inventory balances.
- Analyzes FTZ inventory for maximum zone benefit and minimize zone duties payable.
- Performs all reconciliation’s with respect to FTZ activity, including but not limited to, reconciliation of refinery reports with the ICRS.
- Prepares submissions to CBP for duties, fees, and taxes payable arising out of the respective refinery’s FTZ activity.
- Interfaces with outside brokers, agents, and agencies involved in the submission and reporting of Customs information as it relates to Foreign Trade Zone operation.
- Ensures correct duty payments and interfacing with secondary cost department to ensure accurate and timely payment of such duties.
- Provides support for the preparation of annual reconciliations and reports to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Foreign-Trade Zones Board as well as assisting with various special projects and reports as necessary.
- Identifies and assists in the resolution of problems and discrepancies regarding compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Reports and data compilation must be prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains documentation and all files as required by Customs laws and regulations. Maintain all FTZ computer files of the ICRS utilized by Valero.
- Provides support to other department personnel, including reporting changes occurring at FTZ refineries and gathering data and statistics for management reports and other compliance programs.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s (or higher level degree) in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- 5 years of foreign-trade zone refinery accounting operations experience required.
- Experience using Pivot Tables, V-lookups, and Formulas in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience operating the Inventory Control and Recordkeeping System (ICRS) preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero’s brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero’s employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.Apply by N/A