Foreign Trade-Zone Specialist
Electrolux | Based at Electrolux HQ in Charlotte or our manufacturing location in Anderson, SC
Primary responsibility is overall operational, administrative, and compliance activities of the U.S. Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) program maintained by Electrolux. The position is also responsible for supporting the Trade Compliance & Customs Operations Department’s objectives. This position focuses heavily on inventory system monitoring and controls.
Based at Electrolux HQ in Charlotte or our manufacturing location in Anderson, SC, this is a new position related to Electrolux’s implementation of and use of FTZ procedures at US-based production & distribution facilities. In the first year, it will involve testing the FTZ Inventory Control and Recordkeeping System (ICRS) software and commencing FTZ operations. Inherent in this process are responsibilities for analyzing import and trade-related data; knowledge of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations; familiarity with FTZs; and an understanding of inventory control and recordkeeping procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- CBP Reporting and Compliance: Prepare FTZ related data and supporting documentation for creating and submitting CBP Forms 214, 3461, 7501, 7512 on a daily, weekly and periodic basis. Prepare annual FTZ Board reports and CBP annual reconciliation reports. Assist with CBP valuation, classification, and reporting issues.
- ICRS Operation and Inventory Control: Operate FTZ ICRS by managing daily inventory balances; monitoring zone admission data; and conducting weekly estimate (import and export) process. Work with facilities (whether operated by Electrolux or a third party) to proactively address and resolve inventory issues; verify inventory transactions, including but not limited to receipts, shipments and inventory adjustments; investigate and take action on overages and shortages; and participate in cycle counts and / or physical inventory activities on a high level but continuous basis.
- Manage Relationships with CBP, Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) and Grantees: Act as primary relationship liaison with CBP to ensure proper FTZ procedures including data management relating to inbound receipts; timely admission reporting via the E-214 process; CBP clearance of goods shipped from both FTZs. Facilitate relationships with PGAs including FDA, and FCC when required for importation purposes. Assist in compliance with FTZ Grantee requirements for FTZ operations.
- Assist Electrolux in risk management for FTZ purposes by reviewing CBP documentation, auditing FTZ transactions, complying with CBP and FTZ Board requirements. Participate in continuing education and in turn, assist in training internal departments in areas related to FTZ and CBP compliance and other government regulations that may affect the import of Electrolux products.
- Candidates for this position should possess an undergraduate degree in supply chain, logistics/distribution, finance, accounting, international business or a similar field of study
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in handling customs and international trade-related issues; inventory control; warehousing or equivalent experience
- A current customs broker’s license is desired but not required
- Federal Background Check required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates for this position should possess a working knowledge of ERP and inventory control systems, warehousing, and logistics activities including import activities and customs brokerage.
- Candidates for this position should also possess a strong practical knowledge of the US FTZ program and CBP compliance best practices and regulations.
- Candidates must have excellent attention to detail and the mental capability to troubleshoot and solve problems of moderate complexity or difficulty; and problem solves in a proactive, methodical manner. Must be able to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and comprehend complex issues.
- Candidates for this position should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and be capable of working either as part of a team or alone.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint along with a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English.