Foreign-Trade Zone Opening
Miller & Company P.C. | Kansas City, Missouri
About the Position
Work in the area of Foreign-Trade Zones (FTZs) to include: structuring FTZ projects; preparing and filing Applications and Production Notifications with the FTZ Board; assisting in all phases of CBP/FTZ activation; assisting in the set-up of Inventory Control and Recordkeeping Systems (ICRS); preparation of FTZ Operations Manual text and exhibits for CBP and incorporation of any required interface of Partner Government Agencies (FDA, NHTSA, EPA, USDA, etc.) in operation of the FTZ; and assisting in the preparation and filing of Application for Activations. Candidates must have basic import/export compliance knowledge. Candidates must be willing to accept challenges and assume substantial responsibility. The successful candidate will work directly with the Foreign-Trade Zone Compliance Director and multiple attorneys and legal assistants as well as have direct client contact. Salary depending on experience and competitive benefits offered.
- Sincere interest in expanding knowledge in foreign-trade zones;Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;Ability to effectively communicate individually and present subjects at client subject-matter seminars;
- Ability to travel for client meetings and work; Background in import and/or export compliance, logistics and operations;
- Ability to analyze specific company operations and incorporate procedures in the FTZ Operations Manual and ICRS in accordance
with CBP and other government agencies’ regulations; Ability to perform research in legal, administrative, and internet
- Professional demeanor to deal directly with co-workers, clients, and government officials;
- Ability to handle multiple, and occasionally conflicting, priorities;
- Experience and knowledge using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access;
- Ability to independently prepare formal written documents and correspondence;
- Ability to independently present and discuss work product.
- Knowledge of international trade/economics
- Knowledge of CBP’s and PGA’s Automation (ACE)
For information on our firm, please visit www.millerco.com. We regret cannot consider candidates currently employed by our clients. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a minimum of two (2) writing samples to Kelly Randol at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-561-4999.
Apply by N/A