Foreign-Trade Zone Coordinator
Schenker, Inc. | Long Beach, CA
About the Company
DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider — we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics.
Responsible for providing FTZ administration of arrival and removal of goods from a Foreign Trade Zone, within government rules and regulations. Interface with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure proper customs admission and entry for goods into and out of a free trade zone. Assist in preparing all reporting and accounting functions related to the warehouse inventory, billing and the remittance and collection of funds.
(The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Follow the guidelines for compliance to the CBP regulations 19 CFR 146, CBP’s FTZ operating manual, and the Foreign-Trade Zones Board Regulations.
- Analyze, review, and manage appropriate customs declarations related to inbonds, permits to transfer, admissions, and entries.
- Manage daily inventory reconciliation processes with WMS system against FTZ system and analyze/research/resolve all discrepancies.
- Create files to organize document retention and retrieval upon request.
- Analyze commercial documentation against shipment receipts to determine shortages or overages and resolve with CBP.
- Manage all shortage/overage reporting to CBP within regulatory guidelines.
- Process 214 concurrences.
- Analyze, reconcile, and maintain all inventory control and record keeping systems, logs, and files.
- Create customer reports as required per company guidelines.
- Manage annual inventory reconciliation.
- Prepare and submit weekly 3461, and 7501.
- Follow company standards for employees have an awareness of loss prevention, security, and safety by following all policies and procedures.
- Utilize company and third party software to facilitate the clearance of cargo and the movement of cargo to the final destination.
- Traffic systems to facilitate the clearance of cargo or the movement of cargo to the final destination.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.Apply by N/A