Foreign-Trade Zone Administrator/Analyst
Stanley Black & Decker | Fort Mill, SC
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 Company, is a worldwide supplier of tools, power tools & accessories, hardware and security solutions for professional, industrial and consumer use. Stanley Black & Decker is viewed as a world leader in the marketplace, with a rich history of significant accomplishments and achievements for over 150 years.
Works with FTZ Manager, DC and Manufacturing Personnel in receiving, shipping, and inventory control, manufacturing, transportation, IT, and Finance, as well as the Trade Compliance team, outside customs broker, and FTZ software provider.
Stanley Black & Decker is looking for a Foreign Trade Zone Administrator (FTZA) who will be responsible for the day-to day operations of our 3 FTZs (Two are is distribution, and one is a manufacturing plant). This position will also support an I/T conversion project (from EZFTZ software over to IP FTZ software) and I/T project implementations of new FTZs as needed. The FTZA should be familiar with receiving, inventory control and manufacturing (inverted tariffs), as well as domestic and export shipping. The FTZA will need to have knowledge of Foreign Trade Zones Board regulations, and Customs regulations, and how these apply to FTZ operations. The FTZA must be aware of all aspects of operating a zone.
The Foreign Trade Zone Administrator (FTZA) will be responsible for the day-to day operations of our 3 FTZs within operations and manufacturing. This position will also support several on-going I/T projects supporting FTZ operations and assessments. The FTZA should be familiar with receiving inventory control and manufacturing (inverted tariffs), as well as domestic and export shipping. The FTZA will need to have knowledge of Foreign Trade Zones Board regulations, and Customs regulations, and how these apply to FTZ operations. The FTZA must be aware of all aspects of operating a zone.
- Manages/processes daily Admissions into the FTZ (CF214) and weekly 3461 and 7501 filings.
- Ensures product movements into and out of the zone are properly accounted for in Customs filings.
- Performs daily inventory reconciliation between SAP and our FTZ software. Works with warehouse and within MRP software to troubleshoot discrepancies
- Will work alongside our FTZ manager to support a FTZ software conversion project in 2019
- Will actively support any new FTZ implementations as needed
- Maintains FTZ files and retain FTZ records as required by Customs law
- Manages exports from the FTZ (CF7512)
- Provides quarterly Harbor Maintenance Fee payments
- Performs quarterly internal audits of Zone operations and reports results to management
- Drive cross-functional development and partnerships within the organization
- Consult with DC personnel on export procedures and documentation
- Updating and maintaining the Operations Manual and exhibits
- Will be responsible for maintenance of an audit system to verify compliance at the site
- Monitors the savings associated with the FTZ operations
- Provides annual FTZ reports as directed
- 4-year College Degree or Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis focusing on international trade compliance (Preferred)
- Able to pass background check with Immigration Customs Enforcement (Mandatory)
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints)
- >2 years of trade compliance experience; FTZ administration experience and/or a Licensed Customs Broker desirable
- SAP, EZFTZ, IP FTZ, WMS.net software knowledge required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of distribution, transportation, warehousing, manufacturing operations
- Strong attention to details; Detail and process oriented
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Achieves commitments
- Ability to work well independently