Foreign-Trade Zone Administrator
Schenker, Inc. | Carson, CA
Contract Logistics/Supply Chain Mgmt, Customs (CCOE)
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations pertaining to a foreign trade zone operation. Interface with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure proper customs admission and entry for goods into and out of a free trade zone. Perform all reporting and accounting functions related to the warehouse inventory, billing and the remittance and collection of funds.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Analyze, review, and manage appropriate customs declarations related to inbonds, permits to transfer, admissions, and entries.
- Manage daily inventory reconciliation processes with WMS system against FTZ system and analyze/research/resolve all discrepancies.
- Analyze commercial documentation against shipment receipts to determine shortages or overages and resolve with CBP.
- Manage all shortage/overage reporting to CBP within regulatory guidelines.
- Manage regulatory compliance to the CBP regulations 19 CFR 146, CBP’s FTZ operating manual, and the Foreign-Trade Zones Board Regulations.
- Analyze, reconcile, and maintain all inventory control and record keeping systems, logs, and files.
- Manage annual inventory reconciliation and FTZ board reports.
- Prepare and submit quarterly harbor maintenance fees on all ocean shipments.
- Ensure all zone employees have an awareness of loss prevention, security, and safety by following all policies and procedures.
- Manage import brokerage and traffic systems to facilitate the clearance of cargo and ISF or the movement of cargo to the final destination.
- Develop and manage FTZ operating manual specific to zone operations. Ensure updated copy is on file with CBP at all times.
- Prepare and present FTZ training material to internal and external clients.
- Consult client on FTZ regulatory laws from both CBP and the FTZ board.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. Good interpersonal skills required. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred. Customs Brokers license preferred. Requires 3-6 years of brokerage operations and/or FTZ experience. Knowledge of customs regulations and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule is required. Basic knowledge of inventory management processes preferred.Apply by N/A